Friday, April 4, 2008

I have returned

Yes. Here I am. Nothing since Sept 1st, and, out of nowhere on a stormy night with cats fighting on my front porch and the weather not being able to decide what season it wants to be, I'm back. Can't sleep...well, not for longer than 2rhs or so.
A lot has happened since my last post, and not a lot of it was good. Sept was the month that I officially quit caring about my job (long, stupid, typical-government story). Through it all though, I'd like to say that I'm a stronger, wiser person...I'd like to say that, but I'd be lying, and you can get that anywhere...I guess I'm just slowly losing faith in everything that's supposed to get you through the tough times...but that's why I quit blogging. All was hate and black and bitter, and who needs that? You sure don't. So I took a hiatus (which sounds, to me, like you either had a rather unpleasant bowel movement, or had an operation down there...either way, not good)
Anyway, I'm back to give an update. Sara's learning to eat enough to sustain herself at Baylor Med Ctr in Dallas (Cathy is with) for 4-6 weeks. While the treatment is succeeding, the next step is to introduce Cathy into the process (Mother vs Daughter...yay.) Anyway, if it all works out, we'll be able to stop the nighttime feedings, which, while we have it down to a routine, is, nevertheless, tiring, to say the least.
While down there, Cathy happened to lose her ATM card...someone happened to find it...and happened to use it...to the tune of $400.00 or so...good news: Our bank has refunded all refuted charges and will be issuing new cards...god, I love our bank (and you won't hear me saying that very often)
Allison and I have had a pretty good week together. While she no longer takes ADHD medicine (she does better at school without it) the ADHD is still well-represented in her personality. Trying to keep her interested in something for longer than 5 min. is 2 tons of fun! But she's so sweet. She and a couple of her classmates got together and threw a baby shower for a couple of her pregnant teachers...and it was a resounding success!
Well, I feel a touch of sleep coming on, so I'd better grab it before it slips away.

No comments: